Friday, May 2, 2008

Life according to Aspen

Aspen : "Mommy do you remember when the frogs in Tennessee would pee on us?"

Mommy: "Um yes, that was the frogs way of protecting himself when you were bugging him"

Aspen: pause, look off into the sunset "yeah I wish I could go to the bathroom on people when they bugged me"

a conversation Aspen had with herself after I made her share a sword with her brother

Aspen: "it isn't fair, I have to share everything, I shouldn't even exist, unicorns and fairies don't exist so why should I exist?"

once while visiting cousins Aspen explained this to me

Aspen: "Mommy I feel tired"

Mommy: "well sit here with me and rest for a minute"

Aspen: sigh "I need to get down there (downstairs), b/c when I am tired I just have them run around and around the room until I am ready to play again"

Them meaning her sister and her cousins.

4 comments:

Anna said...

This is SO funny and so adorable!

:)
Anna

Janalee said...

I love that girl!! Sorry I've missed your calls... the other night I was at Mikayla's Let's Play Music recital! It's too late to call you now. I miss Aspen

Beckie said...

HYSTERICAL!!! I Love that girl!

rebecca said...

So sweet. I just caught up on your blog. Your family is adorable. ...and I can't believe you got snow in MAY?! Didn't you just leave crazy NE weather? Best wishes!