Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I went to body pump last night. Whoa! Love that work out!! I am enjoying the journey of losing my weight and getting fit. It gets hard sometimes though I must be honest. I am changing a mindset that I have had for years. I have to make an honest effort to not eat emotionally. Foods like mac and cheese are a HUGE weakness for me. So I make trades. If I eat mac and cheese...that is all I eat for the meal...one cup is over 400 kcals! And sometimes veggies are not what I want to eat...so there is a lot of pep talk and even more prayer...I am hopeful that one day this will all come naturally. I dream of the day really. But then again this could be my thorn in the flesh...something I have to always stay on top of...I have to remind myself why I do what I do...why am I doing this? because at the end of the day I feel better inside...when I work out and eat healthy my body just works better...there is also a certain amount of excitement inside...maybe even pride that I am overcoming something that has plagued me my whole life. I enjoy the opportunity to learn more self control and witness the hand of the Lord in my life as I turn to him for strength.

Tonight is cardio. Fat burning cardio...meaning I keep my heart rate pretty low to stay in my "fat burning" zone for at least an hour. I like these work outs. They are pretty easy in comparison to weight training. I think on Thursday I am going to do yoga. LOVE yoga!

No comments: