Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Barn Raising....of sorts

Aspen and Sunny sitting on the frame (Day 1)

So it began Friday with opening 6 boxes, bringing the wood around back, walking the yard to find the "perfect" spot, and recruiting as many souls as were willing to work for FREE :) Steph and Craig and their kids came up on Friday and for some reason I didn't get any pictures. Amber and Wayne, and Abby and Ray came up on Saturday to help out. Thanks Craig, Ray and Wayne for sacrificing your time to help my husband. We truly could not have done it without you.




Day two's beginnings


Alexa has been a little sick, she would make this silly face when she was whinning



Amber and Wayne sittin in a tree........



The three Ray's (Abby brought her friend whose name is Ray...to distinguish I would call my Ray "ray my husband", and then of course baby Ray is well baby Ray )



building the rock wall




Alexa's middle name is Nicole which is my sisters middle name...love you ber!!!



baby Ray testing the rock wall





the rope ladder...Great job on the knots guys!!






A job well done!!!!!!!









I am in love with the swingset/ fort thingy :) It has everything you could think of for kids to play on...including a picnic table and a general store type thing underneath...we only had one bloody nose by days end...I joked that I need to put up a sign to record how long we go without injury...Ray the friend joke " 4 hours injury free"...how true!!!





Come one come all to the Griffin playland...lemonade and snacks included!!!!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

How stinkin' fun! It looks like you had nice weather too!

Maybe we can come play sometime SOON!

Bonnie said...

Yeah, ummm your play set totally dwarfs ours and ours took like seven hours to put together. I am TOTALLY impressed!

Kami Su said...

Wow I am jealous, I have wanted a set like that for EVER, good job on getting the help and getting it together. But hey? Where are pictures of you? Come on??

Lisa B. said...

that thing is huge!!! totally awesome, and i dont think i knew you lived in utah. sweet