Monday, December 17, 2007

dresses from China




Raym brought back lots of fun gifts for the kids and I from China. I forgot that Hello Kitty is so big over there. It is definitely big in our house as well. He brought these dresses back for the girls. We had them wear them to church last Sunday. baby Ray's lovely outfit is from Kuwait. I am sure it has a name but I don't recall what it is. Alora especially loved wearing the dress. She wanted me to fix her hair "Chinese". Which reminds me of a funny story about Aspen. Last spring I had the kids enrolled in swim lessons at the YMCA. I had left Aspen in the parents waiting area with baby Ray while I went to get Alora. While I was gone a woman was speaking to her daughter. Aspen asked what language she was speaking and the woman replied that it was Chinese. Aspen then proceeded to proclaim "Oh I used to be Chinese." If you know her well you know that probably at one point in her life she really did think she was Chinese. She used to tell people we lived on a farm with goats, and chickens and horses. One time she told someone she was a ninja. Last week when someone from our churched stopped by she answered the door and told them they might not want to come in because she was a hungry wolf. I love this about her. Her imagination is alive in her.

No comments: