Monday, January 11, 2010

Certified Personal Trainer

I have struggled with my weight for YEARS!!! Weigh Watchers...1200 Calorie diets...Metabomax diet...etc...After I had Alexa I didn't want to count or obess anymore. In January of 2008 the Lord told me in a blessing I would soon lose my weight. My prayers were that I would not just lose the weight but that I would keep it off. What would the point be if I just had to keep starting over. The Lord has taken me down an incredible path of learning and growth. I did lose weight last year before I got pregnant. The Lord blessed me during my pregnancy, helping me to be able to work out every day and to watch what I ate so that I only gained 20lbs for the whole pregnancy. I joined a gym last year while Ray was away, so that I could have at least that hour to work out in peace :) After I had Arwyn I began praying about whether or not I should pay for a personal trainer at some point. I felt good about it and planned on it around Christmas time. As that time approached it still felt good but something was different. I kept feeling like wait...wait...On the night of our ward Christmas party I couldn't go. I didn't have anything that I felt like I looked nice in. So I stayed home. I cried for almost an hour straight. I prayed that whole hour and I read my scriptures. I wanted to see my life through His eyes. What was I missing? I had been trying to work out and eat right but I wasn't really losing the weight fast enough for me. What was I missing? Then it hit me...I needed to become a personal trainer. So I went on line and researched it, prayed some more and had Ray give me a blessing. The Lord said this was the path he would have me pursue. So here I am taking courses to become certified in training and fitness nutrition. It is in this certification process that I am learning what more I could do to facilitate a healthier body for me. I am learning how the body metabolizes food, how to work out more effectively and how to eat better. And with this I can turn around and help other women. I was hoping to be done by this summer. We will see. Even if it takes me a year to ceritify and lose the rest of my weight, I am learning true life long lessons that will help me keep my weight off, stay healthy and help others on their own journeys.

1 comment:

Traci said...

wow, that is really neat! good luck with everything!