Sunday, January 10, 2010

Still here

Hi! It's me. I am still here. These past few months have been incredible, hard, wonderful, spiritual, WEIRD...so much. At some point I am hoping to be able to fully disclose all that has been transpiring. Do you still read my blog? I am wanting to be better at it this year. Christmas was wonderful. My Dad came. It is so interesting the road in the which the Lord has taken me down. 10 years ago I would have told you I would never see my father again, nor did I want to. But the Lord taught me forgiveness and understanding. I love my Dad. I appreciate the work my Dad has done to better himself and his life. For a long time I wanted my Dad to tell me he was sorry for what he did, and then I learned that that was between him and the Lord. I forgave him and let go of it, and the Lord healed me from the affects. My Dad told me he was sorry this Christmas. And he was. He didn't mean to hurt me or my family. I know that. He like so many others were victims of traditions, trapped in an environment that only encouraged the darkness and abuse. It didn't help that he is bi-polar and they had him on a high dose of Zoloft...125mg's I believe. If you know anything about meds you know that that combined with a bi-polar makes for a very explosive and not fun life. He has changed though. He went to therapy. He has a read books. He has faced hard truthes about who he was and he over came it. While he was here we had fun. He often expressed how much fun he was having. How different it was in my family than what I grew up in or even how he grew up. You see the dysfunction has gone back for generations on both sides. He said he could see how much I loved my kids, and how much Ray and I loved each other. No one fought. No one pouted or slammed doors. No dysfunction. It was great.

It all has ended in my line. No more abuse. No more of the lies, and manipulation and just truly pyscho stuff. My children, grandchildren, great grand children, etc are freed. I still have so much to overcome. Little things really in comparison to how far I have come.

I can not close this post though with out letting you know who was the instrument in my "success". The Lord led me. He gave me great friends who love me even though I am so very ...overly passionate and intense. Three angelic doctors...these doctors allowed me to discuss my personal beliefs about healings and the Lord...though some believed differently their objective approach allowed me the opportunity to fully disclose all my emotions. I wish I could list all the miracles in my life that have brought me to where I am that ultimately brought me to my healings. The Lord loves us. He is on our side. He is our biggest fan. It is not just a fun thing to say. It is real. Please if it has been awhile since you have really prayed, go right now and just let it out. Please allow him the opportunity to be your best friend. You won't find a better one :)


please click here for my story if you don't already know it
http://andraegriffin.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-healing-story.html

1 comment:

Traci said...

andrea- that is really neat! glad you were able to spend time with your dad and that things went well. so grateful for the miracle of forgiveness for sure, i don't know your full story, but i bet you are feeling a little better each new day!
take care!