Monday, February 4, 2008

President Thomas S. Monson

Today as many of you know President Monson was named the 16th President of the church. I just feel so blessed to be a part of it all. Yesterday I stayed home from church b/c I am sick. I watched President Hinckley's funeral and was overcome by tears so often. Not so much b/c of his passing but b/c of the gospel. As they showed pictures of members all over the world I was humbled as I realized that we all are truly sons and daughters of the same Heavenly Father. The church is true, not just here in America but everywhere in the world. I have sisters and brothers in the gospel on every continent of the world. And that beloved Heavenly Father that I pray to every day hears not just my prayers but their prayers as well..AND he answers them. What a wonderful and glorious place heaven must be, when it includes so many different and amazing people. I love that we are all different. I love that those differences can actually bring us closer together. I love that although President Hinckley has left his mortal state, his spirit will continue on on the other side of the veil. The church as a whole did not miss a beat. I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that President Monson has been called of God to be our prophet. I know that this church is the Lord's church and it is lead by him. I sustain President Monson and I so look forward to this new chapter in all of our lives. What a wonderful thing to a part of! This the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Dear Andrea-
I've been reading and really enjoying your blog. I'm glad you're doing it so I can stay in touch with how you're doing. Im really happy to see that things are going well for you and your fam. We miss you in the ward!