Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Yea!!! I love Halloween!! I am not so much into the dressing up at this point in my life...but I sure love getting the kids ready. Three of the four costumes were loaners thanks to great neighbors. There are A LOT of pictures, I wanted to post more :) Alexa was not a fan of the hat for her costume so she would take it off most of the time. In fact once everyone was dressed she wanted to have nothing to do with pics, the kids and I chased her around the yard trying to get a good pic...I think we finally managed one on the swing set. Baby Ray was Batman, Aspen was Belle, and Alora was a snow princess, Alexa was our 'fat' pumpkin. I am not sure why but the kids named her that once I put the costume on, I guess you don't really have skinny pumpkins though. On Thursday we did a trial run of the costumes and went and had ice cream together. We went to Steph and Craig's for trick or treating again this year. Rach and Michael were there with their kids. With most of the kids being older this year it just seemed to go faster. This morning the kids have been enjoying their spoils. I wish I could join them, but alas I must forgo it, I have lost 15lbs and I intend to lose more so I must be frugal in my 'food' choices. This has been another great Halloween in the Griffin book of life. Enjoy the pics!!









Alexa running from us...I just love this pic!



















From the trial run :) Don't they look great?


















The results of our family pumpkin carving





Chasing the 'fat' pumpkin














I love this picture...he was trying to dance-pose...if you would have been there you would have been cracking up with me









again off with the hat :)








if you will notice in the back ground baby Ray is doing something next to the house...well this morning when I came down to open the blinds in the school room I notice the casing that goes around the water spout was on the lawn...I couldn't think of how it got there...when I was loading pics this morning I notice what was happening in this picture...I love that kid!!

























5 comments:

rebecca said...

very cute! You can tell the kids had a great time. Those costumes are awesome. Love the dance pose.

Bonnie said...

I love Halloween too! They are all getting so big. Where has the time gone? How are things going out there?

Heidi said...

Wow, those are some quality costumes!! Really, they're great! Thank you for the lady bug costume, it was perfect for Ellie. Wish we could have been there for the party!

Janalee said...

Mikayla was Belle too!! She said she took a vote at school and her friends decided she should be Belle... I'm pretty sure she was pursuading the voters!!!

Susan Staus said...

Great pictures!!! The kids look so cute!!!