Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Creepy!! Okay just creepy. At first I thought the comments were from my brother who has bi-polar disorder and gets obsessed with religious stuff. But then when I closed the blog this person left another comment talking about how they were trying to help me, and how they have a blog about our one true friend, and how we are supposed to listen to those who are in authority and then once again listed these weird scriptural references. It honestly had the feel of something from a weird sect leader who understood LDS beliefs. I was glad then that I switched things around. The weirdest part is that this person told me they had a blog, I go to it, and they had just started it minutes before sending me a comment. The time stamp on the only entry on the blog was last night just before they sent the comment. WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very weird. And the way the things were worded I am telling you, it was like off of a Dateline or 48 Hours or even better Criminal Minds. I had to have Ray give me a blessing today after this comment because it really scared me how they worded things, I was sure that this person was going to show up on my door step. The Lord said I would be protected and that no harm would come to me or my family. Now I feel peaceful.

Oh and one more thing. This person would come on to my blog 5 or 6 times a day. Sometimes more. I had noticed it and had already asked Heavenly Father to help me know if I needed to move to private because some of my older entries you can figure out quite easily where I live. I got my answer :)

So back to my 'normal' life. I was called to be a teacher in Relief Society. I LOVE teaching. It comes quite natural to me. My first lesson I will teach will be 'Faith in Jesus Christ', a topic that always brings me to tears. I can barely make it through a sacrament song with out crying, and I always cry when I sing hymns with my children at home.

Faith is such an essential part of this gospel. It is what propels us forward even when it seems all is lost. It is what we cling to when all is lost and He is all we have. Faith helps us to have a more positive outlook on life. But faith with out work or effort is like a life preserver with out the preserver.

I have been told that faith comes easy for me. I believe faith comes easy for all of us. You just have to consider what you faith in. Do you have faith in the unseen? or are you dependent on the flesh? Do you really have faith that the Lord will attend to all your needs? or are you afraid of his failing you so you "take care of yourself"? I believe so often our lack of faith in the Lord is because to have faith in Him we must control less, and that scares people. The irony is that the more you try to control something the less control you have. Faith also requires us to let go emotionally and mentally. When we have faith we don't complain, we don't rehearse our sad tale to whomever will listen, we stand tall, often with tears in our eyes, looking forward to our Savior. When we have faith we let go of our natural man tendencies to question, or doubt or to hurry things to as relieve our pain. When we have faith we try to see things through an eternal perspective understanding that sometimes things get hard but that the Lord will carry us through and that though things might not turn out the way we hoped, we look for opportunities to grow and to better understand the will of the Lord.

For me faith isn't knowing how anything will work out. Each time I exercise true faith the Lord never fails me. I ALWAYS have exactly what I need spiritually, emotionally and physically. Sometimes I receive more than I thought, sometimes it is less than I thought I needed. I enjoy the lessons of faith, though hard at times and humbling, I always learn and grow which is my ultimate goal.

My challenge will be for the class and you ;) to try this week and the next and so on to exercise more faith. How do you do that? For everyone it is different, each of us as our 'area' where we struggle. New things are hard, but this I promise you will be worth it. You know where you lack faith. Pray about it, journal about it and exercise it. Reach out to the Lord and express to him your desire and your fear in trying to have faith. He will assist you and help you along the way. He longs to be nearer to you and by exercising that new level of faith he can be.

1 comment:

Traci said...

great post on faith, just what i needed to hear! u will be a great rs teacher for sure!! good luck with it!
bummer about the creepy person!!