Monday, December 13, 2010

I am humbled. So very humbled. Tonight this cute family that I don't know shows up with a box. The woman announces they are Santa's helpers for a family who wants us to know we are loved. I was speechless. I am still in shock. I don't know anyone outside of my ward up here in Davis County. Okay two people, maybe three. I guess the part that is so humbling is that someone knows we exist. One can know some one's name with out really knowing they exist, does that makes sense? Someone knew that I have five children, and they know their names. The individual nature of the kids gifts, addressed for each one of them personally, means more than I think this person may ever know. This gift is personal, and it is thoughtful. I want to thank them personally. I want to hug them and tell them how much this means to me. To be remembered in time when I feel forgotten and unnoticed, while my husband, my best friend is away and during a season that is about love and giving will have an impact on me forever. I know this isn't about me, but to remember my family and to love them in such a way impacts me personally and I am deeply grateful.

1 comment:

Traci said...

very sweet! and a great post!