Wednesday, December 8, 2010

When your husband, your best friend is gone there is a hole in your life. Well at least in mine. My husband and I 'talk' all day, whether through emails or texts or on the phone. This training has felt like when he was at basic because there has been minimal contact. The other night I was talking with Heavenly Father and I asked him just how exactly do I endure the loneliness of not having my best friend with me all the time? Not just now but over the next year and a half. I asked to be able to see things through his eyes.

The thought that came to me was that I was approaching the situation as if he was gone gone, out of reach, almost like a break up. The Lord showed me that I though we would be miles apart we could still feel very much a part of each others life. I can't really describe how I saw it in my mind, but it was comforting to realize that though we would be a part this is our life together. These kids are OUR kids, this is OUR home, and OUR life.

The loneliness is just inevitable to a certain extent. I learned a lot when he was gone to basic about enduring loneliness. There is no amount of television, or phone conversations, or shopping, or eating, or any worldly distract to really mend the heart when it is lonely. Only God himself can do that. I know that if I lose myself in my children and other people that the Lord can bless me. I notice it even now when misery is begging for its own attention. I have to purposely look at my children and pray to see them through the Lord's eyes and look at what they are really in need of. Loneliness, misery and their friends offer incredible rationals about why you are entitled to meet your needs first. But if you reflect and look deep into your heart, your needs are better met when you meet another's first. Service offers eternal perspective and true clarity into your life.

No comments: