Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Could it be?

So you are aware of my 'success' if you will at losing weight. I have about 15-20 lbs more to go...and that isn't me being too ideal...really I need to lose that weight to be any where near the healthy range. Any whoo. I have been wanting another baby for quite some time now...honestly probably since last February. I could feel his spirit..yes his. On the day Ray lost his job I found out my sister in law was pregnant. Another friend got pregnant around then as well. And then another one and so on. Earlier this month I had resolved to wait. I was doing great on weight loss and I conceded that why not just lose the rest of it, then get pregnant. Hopefully after losing all the weight I would be even more self disciplined and be able to gain only a little weight with a pregnancy. So last Thursday after all the Thanksgiving eating and all I got sick...well diarrhea. I felt so bad for Rach who was here in my home with her 3 kids. I told her I was sorry if her kids got sick. Since that day I have diarrhea and vomitting everyday including today. Monday night I knew something was up. My period was due last week and hadn't showed up. Of course the one month I am looking for it instead of praying for it not to. So I told Ray my feelings. He shared with my all the reasons why it couldn't be possible. Which were actually all the reasons it would be possible. I cried that night in prayer. I told the Lord that if I was pregnant then I had to pass that test and if not then I needed to start my period. You see my track record with pg test is not the greatest. Usually I am about 6-7 weeks along before I test positive. But I did not have the emotional energy to wait that long this time. That night especially I felt drained of any desire to endure any drama. So at 6:30AM Tuesday morning Ray went to Wal-Mart to buy me a test...isn't he great :) he bought a three pack b/c of my track record :) I take the test, truly expecting a negative to show up.........................but it didn't.....and not only was it positve...I don't know that I have ever seen one of my pregnancy test be THAT positive. It is funny though....I never imagined I would be where I am today. Could it be? Could I really be pregnant? I truly had moved on in my mind...I wasn't expecting this until sometime next spring. And yet here we are. Bring it on though. I love having babies. I love being a mom. I know this is my last pregnancy, the Lord has told me that much. But I also know that this is not the end to us bringing kids into our home. But I will enjoy this pregnancy to its fullest. And absorb as much as I can from each moment, including the ones that envolve the white throne :)

6 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats!! What a wonderful blessing for the both of you:)

Heidi said...

I am so happy for you! You are such a wonderful mother--what a blessed little spirit that gets to come to your family. congratulations!

Darin said...

NO way! Congratulations. I'm glad things are going so well for you.

Janalee said...

That was as great reading as it was hearing it from your lips!!! I was so excited to tell McKay and you know what he said, "well, you ready!?!"

Bonnie said...

Congrats to you! That is totally exciting. Keep me posted on how the pregnancy goes! You know me I like ALL the gory details!

Traci said...

What exciting news!! Congrats to you guys! And you think it's a boy too, are you going to find out for sure? Best Wishes!