Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The phone call came. Yesterday. I knew it would one day. Ray's former commander of his unit called. He is now over another unit in which Ray will be moved to if his promotion goes through. He asked if Ray would be willing to go with them to Iraq next year. If his promotion goes through he would go anyway, and well when the Army asks you to go...you go...promotion or not. Nothing is official until you have orders, but I don't think the Major makes calls like that for fun. It would be a one year deployment. He would leave mid summer.

The thought of him going does not scare me. I know the Lord will protect him. My fear is that no one will help me while he is gone. I got to see the worst of some people when he was gone last year and I don't think I could do that again. The nice thing is that I won't be pregnant, hopefully :) when he leaves so I will be able to help myself more.

I have never felt closer to the Savior than I did last year while he was away. So I KNOW that He will be there for me, and that I will have the opportunity again to witness miracles quite literally everyday.

I am glad that I have a 'head's up'. Knowing this changes our approach to life over the next 9 months or so, as it naturally would. Perspective. Life is always about perspective.

1 comment:

Traci said...

wow!!! u have such strength girl! so glad they gave u a heads up and time to think about it.
i don;t remember where you are living and i know we are not close by but i would help u in a second!
take care!!!