Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All by herself

My kids are independent. I am not sure where they get it from. This past few days Alexa has been refusing to eat. She will eat her fruit I cut up, or cheese...any finger food really. But if we attempt to feed something not so finger friendly she would boycott. I thought after a few days she would give in. I misjudged her level of persistence.
The other day I came downstairs and found her on my kitchen table eating out of some one's bowl of beans from lunch. Before I even reached for her she squawked. Truly she squawks, she doesn't cry. I was told once she sounds similar to a crow....how kind :) I sat her on the floor to clean up, she commenced to throwing a fit with limbs flying and her body thrusting itself to the floor. I wondered if maybe all this was because she actually wanted to continue consuming the leftovers. I put her in the high chair, gave her the bib. There is still a lot of squawking happening by the way. And then I gave her a spoon and the bowl. Silence, and a smile. She was satisfied. She actually did pretty good with the spoon. It was a messy time, but she was just so happy.
A bean got loose.

It would often take a second or twenty to get the food on the spoon, and then inevitably something would leap from the spoon on to the tray where it would later be smashed beyond recognition.


This girl is good!


Happy baby, Happy Mommy, dirty high chair...life is good...

2 comments:

Kami Su said...

My kids are pretty independent too. I think overall it's a great thing. It makes them stronger and well you know. I love it though...She did pretty good feeding herself, love the cute pics.

Anna said...

she is so cute!! love the messy face. What a sweet girl.