Tuesday, September 16, 2008

That would be a "NO"

So I wanted to post today about the lesson I taught on Sunday and about the birthday party for my nieces, but instead I am posting about the job we didn't get. My husband came in this afternoon for lunch with an envelope in hand and tears in his eyes. We didn't get the job. We did get a personal letter instead of a format letter, but that really doesn't change what is. We cried together for a minute, and then we agreed to not let it bother us, relatively speaking. It is still discouraging. Probably more for my husband than for me. It is interesting to me what having no money does to a person. Now I think sometimes in life we casually use the excuse we have no money in regards to family vacations, a wardrobe change, to repaint or replace fixtures or appliances in a home. I have a new appreciation for no money. It is something that I don't know that I ever would have really appreciated until now. While words typed can convey one image, it is important that whoever reads this knows I am not bitter. I am sad. My whole world has changed. I feel angry sometimes. But at the end of the day I have my testimony. I am not sure what the Lord needs us to learn from all of this. I hope I learn it. I hope that I can be patient.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I am so sorry. You know where I am if you ever need to talk (or vent) ;)

Bonnie said...

I can totally understand what your saying. I HATE job searching and I only do it through dave. We were jobless for 4-5 months and i don't recommend it to anyone. We will be praying for you guys. Love you-