Tuesday, September 9, 2008

School is in session

Well we started school actually a couple of weeks ago. I am just now posting the pics though. I love homeschooling. It is hard. But it is a good hard. I have to rely a lot on the Lord. But I learn so much about my children and about myself. My house does suffer a bit, but nothing that some family team work can't cope with. Alora is in Kindergarten, and Aspen is in second grade. On the first day of school Alora was in shock that she was in Kindergarten and Aspen says to her "Yes! Alora you are in Kindergarten and I am in first grade". I said "um no you are in Second grade!" Aspen's eyes fell out of her head and she stands up and with passion says "I'm in Second grade and I am ONLY seven! Yea!!! Wah hoo!!!!" I loved it!



The kids just doing their thing
Alexa was going to eat the crayons for a snack but baby Ray was quick to save them from an awful fate.


I love Aspen's desk. I bought in PA about 5 years ago. I love old school desks.

Alora's 'corner'. School and Alora go hand and hand. She kept saying, "I can't believe I have my VERY own desk". I wondered if she thought you had to be the oldes to have a desk. Her's is another old desk. I bought that one in Boston.


baby Ray has his school as well with the girls. On this particular day he was practicing using scissors. And Alexa was perfecting her skill of just being cute.


4 comments:

Anna said...

how fun!!! I love those old school desks too and have been keeping my eyes out for one!!! :)

Crystal said...

I love Aspen's reaction to being in 2nd grade. That is classic! Don't worry about the house, my house suffers and I'm here all day.

rebecca said...

Look at you guys! I'm so impressed. I'm doing "Before Five in a Row" with Caroline this year before she starts Kindergarten next year. We're having a blast.

Traci said...

Hey- it's good to hear from you! I didn't know you homeschooled- you go girl!!! I bet you get to learn lots too!
Hope things are fairing for you guys! Hang in there!
Take Care!
I am going to add you to my blog list too!!