Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A blessing of peace

We have applied for food stamps, WIC and Medicaid. We have sold just about everything we can. There is not a whole lot of money coming in, if any. We are at a point in our life that I could feel despair, but I don't. I feel peace and happiness. I am not scared. I am hopeful. I know the Lord is not only taking care of us now, but He will provide a job in time that will allow us to pay our own bills, and to buy our own food. It is incredible to me how you truly can feel peace when the storm is raging. I know that the peace I feel is from my Savior. I don't know when we will have a better income. Truly my list of "I don't know's" is longer than my list of knows. I know that my Savior lives, that he loves me and that he will never fail me or anyone. The peace I feel is truly not as the world would give. My peace is something so much deeper, richer and purer. I am not sure that I will ever be able to put into words what I have learned and what I am learning through this trial. I actually feel like it is more of an opportunity. I know that the lessons I am learning I could not have learned any other way. Somethings only come from experience. I know we will not be poor forever, the Lord has promised that in blessings. I don't want to 'waste' my time during this trial wishing it away. I remember conversations I used to have with a friend where we would discuss the fact that during a trial we wanted to learn everything we could so as to gain as much as we could. All of my needs are met, and one day when the time is right I will be able to consider my wants. I know that my happiness is important to the Lord. I also know that he can show me a happiness greater than I ever imagined. I love my life. I love what I get to learn. I love what we are learning as a family. I love the relationship my husband and I are building. I love it all!!! and I look forward to more growth, more memories, and more life!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Thank you for your testimony! If we all could just have your attitued, life would be wonderful!

Anna said...

What a great testimony;)