Monday, October 13, 2008

I have been thinking about my previous post these past couple of days. I do that. I think a lot about a lot of things. I wrote that I had nothing. But I do. I have lots. I have a home. I have a great marriage. I have terrific amazing wonderful beautiful children. I have my van that runs great. I have a great ward. I have fantabulous friends. I have a wonderful extended family. I live close to mountains. I have my testimony. I still have my table that I love :) (It hasn't sold yet.) I get to homeschool my kids. I have my camera.

All these things I knew in my heart when I posted on Saturday. What I could have said was...I have no money :) which feels sometimes like not having anything...but I have everything I need. It was a hard transition not being able to run to the store for this and that...and saving for those things that we really needed and all that comes from having a temporary financial depression.

One of the many things I have prayed for is to be able to find joy in this time of hardship, finding peace in not knowing and finding true happiness in life and not in things. The Lord has blessed me with that. That is what I meant by a happiness that I never imagined. As I look for things to be grateful for, as I pray for others and truly desire for the Lord's blessing upon them for their specific needs, and as I forget myself and serve when and where I can I am finding that happiness. Elder Nelson quoted in General Conference a week ago," President Thomas S. Monson has said: “To find real happiness, we must seek for it in a focus outside ourselves. No one has learned the meaning of living until he has surrendered his ego to the service of his fellow man. Service to others is akin to duty—the fulfillment of which brings true joy.” ". I loved it, especially the part of surrending ego! I have been learning that these past few months and I look forward to learning more.

I know from whom I receive my peace. I know from whom my ideas or inspirations for how to move forward through this time come. I know from whom I receive from strength. My Savior, Jesus the Christ.

No comments: