Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The love of my life is home. Words can't describe the peace I feel when he is here. He just makes everything better. I was actually dropping Alora off at dance when he got home. We had been texting love notes since he landed. When I got back home I had a clean kitchen. Yes in just that short of time he can transform a kitchen. Give him a few more minutes and he can transform a whole house, which is actually what he is doing while I am typing this morning :) He loves me!!!

I am not feeling so discouraged with him home. It was hard to have him gone. I just didn't have the mental energy to keep up with all twenty kids. Okay that doesn't sound right. They were fed, bathed, hugged, loved. It was the constant organizational things. The follow through, I couldn't follow through making sure things got put away or cleaned up. So there are toys to be organized and beds to be made, laundry to be folded. We did manage to vacuum and mop the kitchen floor. I did that mostly to keep the health department away :)

I cried a huge relief cry after he called to say he was on the plane getting ready for take off. I wept really. I almost felt guilty for needing him so much. Then I realized he is my gift from Heavenly Father. He takes care of me. Not in an obligatory emotionless way like my mother did. He takes care of me, spoils me, because he loves me and I can feel it. He doesn't chastise me for not being better, for not being perfect. He knows house keeping doesn't come naturally to me, and most definitely does not come at all when I am pregnant, and yet he still loves me. I kinda wonder if he doesn't actually love that about me; that I can take on the world, but I can't keep a clean house :) (He just rescued me from a spider...on the wall across the room...a rescue non-the-less).

I am still sick (pregnancy), and really tired. I still feel like my brain cells are being snatched, used and returned empty and useless. But I feel hopeful today. I feel blessed. By this evening my house will be organized, cleaned and refreshed. We will later this week begin packing for our trek out east to Tennessee for his sister's upcoming nuptials. Life is good and it is always getting better.

No comments: